Re: Examples of alternative accessible sites

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 15:56:09 +0000 (GMT)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, David Woolley wrote:

> I seem to remember that Tesco argue that they can only provide the
> main site if they can use scripting, as their server is otherwise
> overloaded.

Did you make the effort to speak to someone who should know, or was that
a case of fobbing you off from some droid accustomed to telling people
they need to plug their computer in?

Now if Google were to say something like that whilst remaining the
leading search engine, I might have to give it some thought before
dismissing it as nonsense.  But I'll confidently predict that if
google were to go down that road they'd rapidly lose their leading
position, and that they won't do any such thing until and unless the
Suits take charge there.

--
Nick Kew