Re: Alternative validation tools.

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:12:18 +0000
Cc: "'Tim Roberts'" <tim@wiseguysonly.com>, "'WAI list'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: <chitchcock@cast.org>

Chuck,

I'd like to mention, that if it were open source, other people would
most likely mirror it, and help with development, and bug reports. I
find the lock out very unhelpful, we check pages say once a quarter,
and need a run at it, drip feeding is very nearly useless, and
generally resort to assuming that pages are OK rather than wait
interminably.

As a non-profit, with a low and remarkably irregular income, its not so
much the one off $99 as the regular licensing that puts me off, perhaps
you could consider a once in a lifetime fee, with indefinite upgrades,
after all you most likely need to spread ownership rather than keep
users.

thanks

Jonathan