Re: Ironic accessibility

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:39:57 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Might I suggest instead that we say:  "Accessible to any user regardless of
> what type of technology they may be using.  This includes, but is not

The problem with the general definition is it also includes people with
limited hardware because they live in countries where there is little
disposal income to attract the web site authors++.  For that reason,
I think, there is actually a preference to narrow the definition of
accessibility to the disabled, because web site operators can see that
as something that could happen to them or their families.

++ or even low income people in high income countries.