Re: Left handedness and stylus input (tabletPC, palm, etc)

From: <liddy.nevile@motile.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:24:02 +1100 (EST)
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I think part of the answer to your question comes from knowing who is bothering to
user the information about user profiles.
Participating in our discussions we have people from hardware and software companies
as well as user representatives. But, as you point out, some of the problems will
need to be implemented at hardware (and even plastic casing etc) levels, and some at
software levels etc.
Gathering the requirements for left and right handedness might be a useful exercise
- is there a list or can others contribute to the list and can a set of use-cases
capture this info?
I suspect this will not only be a problem in the case of left-handed vs right-handed
people - it also occurs in some circumstances - eg when the other hand is occupied
(eg when I talk on the phone while using the computer I become one-handed).
Liddy