Re: sound on event: a possible way?

"Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:5CBBA3F7-0935-11D7-8B4A-0003939B5AD0@btinternet.com...

>   Jim,
>
> would you be willing to refine it down to a few lines of code? then it
> can be emulated more easily?

It's reasonably complete as is there's not much to simplify, the book
explaining it all is in your local book store :-)

> no alpha channel that maps to a scaling(eg jpg image can be made
> smaller but the mapping describing alpha is not, whereas with gif this
> is done)

Eh?  clippath can be completely scaled with image, I do it with all the
cutout people in foafnaut for example.

>   the very technical and detailed programming
> inadequate authoring tools

There's serious authoring problems, and with the 1.1 spec there are also
still outstanding issues making accessibility problematic.

> failure to scale with window (re)size.  ( unless someone has an
example)

you can implement this with relatively simple scripting (see the Tirol
maps from Andre Winter at
http://tirolatlas.uibk.ac.at/maps/thematic/?lang=de for example), I do
not believe it is a good thing for general use though, as it breaks the
convention of other web useragents where enlarging the canvase reveals
more stuff.

Jim.