Labels In Forms

From: Hy Cohen <hy@miplet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:22:14 -0800
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi Everyone,

To meet WAI guidelines, do I have to have a <label> for text fields if I
have the TITLE set for the text field?  This may seem like a silly
question, but I'm running into a problem with Netscape 6.1.  When I
align the <label> to the right inside a table cell, the <label> text
visually disappears.  This must be a glitch with Netscape 6.1.  If I
don't want the text of the <label> to disappear, I cannot have it in a
<label>, if I want the text to be aligned to the right.  If I align the
<label> to the left, while the <label> is visible, it looks bad with
formatting I'm using for a search box.  If you would like to see the
page, please e-mail me off list.  The site isn't public yet, and still
very much under development, so hard hats are defiantly needed.
Therefore, I would rather  not publicly broadcast the link, Thanks for
your help!

Warmly,
Hy