Re: What this list is all about

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:53:00 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I really don't know why I subscribe to this list.

It's better to read it online:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2002OctDec/>

> The behavior of a few of
> its members is typified by the responses to Mike Burks' offering of Steve
> Jacobs' article on the "Business Benefits of Access-for-All Design." Eight
> messages responding to Mike's message and not ONE, repeat, not one, message
> which was on topic.

The topic changed. It became the inept handling of the HTML and
headers such that the actual posting could not be read. I think
ironies of this sort are fair game for discussion.

> I know there are lots of folks who subscribe to this list. Do you all
> appreciate this nit-picking. Am I in fact the only one who is the
> odd-ball-out, who is sick of the process that typifies this list?

*You* wouldn't be the one people would call an oddball first.

--

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_