Re: How do screen readers treat empty paragraphs please?

From: kestrell <aeryadne@theworld.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:55:34 -0500
To: daniele <d.tonon@libero.it>
cc: WAI list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I spend a lot of time checking out other people's code using JFW, but I
almost always have my screen reader set to ignore puncuation in the first
place (do you have any idea how many people just adore those cute li'l
emoticons?? Or how many people use extraneous puncuation, like exclamation
and question marks? I use to have a rant about it but then some of my
friends would send me email with the words "exclaim excalim question
question" written as text to confuse my screen reader, and myself...).
Anyway, if I really want to check code I go over it character by
character, and I think this is pretty much what most people using a screen
reader would do. I'm always thrilled to find someone who writes elegant
code, but these individuals are few and far between.

kestrell