Re: CSS optimised for different browsers

From: Lois Wakeman <lois@lois.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:44:53 -0000
To: "WAI list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

John,

You can exploit the fact that NS4 does not recognise the @import rule to add
extra styles to the cascade, and put the troublesome rules in the imported
style sheet. The references given earlier should help. Personally, I now
tend towards the 'no CSS for browsers earlier than v5' school of thinking,
and make sure the non-CSS version is linearised correctly, which you have
already done by the sound of it.

(See the com. arts url below if you want to see how it's done. Based on the
List Apart model. However, based on other comments here, I may well get rid
of the "nag screen" aspects, or at least put them at the end of the page.)

Lois Wakeman

http://lois.co.uk
http://siteusability.com
http://communicationarts.co.uk