RE: Macromedia not getting accessibility quite right...

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:21:09 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> The term description was intended to provide a less technical way
> of understanding the term in the absence of training for those
> trying with less of a technical background.

In my experience one of the hardest things about teaching people how to use
alt attributes is getting them to unlearn the misconception that it is some
sort of description.

If every time they go to set the alt text for an image they see the word
"description" it's going to be extremely hard for them to learn how to do
their jobs.