Re: FW: Case closed: Disabled access does not apply to cyberspace...for now (US)

From: C.Bottelier <c.bottelier@ITsec.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 09:06:20 +0100
To: Sharon Dennison <sharond@hiser.com.au>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Sharon Dennison wrote:
>> The crux of this suit was whether the right defined within ADA prohibiting
>> discrimination in places of public accommodation extends to "cyberspace". Federal
>> Judge Patricia Seitz ruled that a Web site is not a place of public accommodation.
>> "[T]o fall within the scope of the ADA as presently drafted, a public
>> accommodation must be a physical, concrete structure," she wrote.

Please remind me whenever I open my own business, I'll do it in a brick
or wooden building insead of a concrete one. :-)

Clearly enough (as already said many times) a very strange judgement,
probably
based on poor knowlegde of e-business, or the meaning of the meaning
behind the
ADA. The ADA s antidiscrimination, and not just a law to ban out strairs
only
buildings.

Christian