RE: discussion:Fw: What is the problem with accessible pop-up windows?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:49:57 -0000
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Also in the European Uninion they are taling about prority 1, as they
> talk about making web site accessible.

I could be wrong on this, but I seem to recall that the EU were talking
about priority 1 for a certain deadline to be followed by priority 2 for a
later one. This seems a reasonable practical response to the reality of
there being a large number of inaccessible pages and practices in use.

Anyone know if this is true, or if I am misremembering?