RE: Accessing PDFs

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:24:01 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I think you would be surprised to hear the number of calls and e-mails we
> gets from our customers thanking us for assisting in making PDFs
> accessible. It seems to me that, whether we like PDFs or not is
> irrelevant
> to the fact that people now have access to them.

Oh, I'm certainly not surprised about that. GWMicro have done a great job
with making PDFs accessible, and I wouldn't hear a bad word said about that.
With PDFs being a reality it is vital that the accessibility of them
increase, and I commend your success in doing so.

Next step is making them accessible to the sighted.