Re: Pop-Ups

From: Joel Ward <ward_joel@bah.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:36:28 -0400
To: "WAI List" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

<quote from="Phill">
But, and it's a key concept, Pop-up's can be usable by individuals with
disabilities within certain constraints and configurations.  Same with
JavaScript.
</quote>

I second this idea.  They keyword is constraints.

Sometimes we make applications or web sites for a certain audience and we
can assure that audience will have certain technologies available.  Why
can't we use some of the more powerful features of this medium?  I think we
should work to make those features accessible instead of accepting the
status quo.

I think that is what Kimberly was going at.  (Am I right?)

I also believe that we should use these "powerful" features only when
necessary, and avoid them if we really do not need them.