Re: Pop-Ups

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:22:44 -0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

"Peacock, Kimberly" <peacockk@ctcgsc.org> wrote in message
news:5A69399A2BB6504B9193F0A1660A5CF903291D@pefl-mail1.pefl.ctcgsc.org...

> My point
> was simply to provide a real world scenario in which pop-ups/new
windows are
> completely unavoidable (at least given current technologies).

I don't agree with that conclusion in the slightest, I wouldn't even
suggest that pop-ups/forced new windows were even desirable in an
e-learning environment any more than anywhere else - I think more than
saying they're unavoidable you'd need to demonstrate scenarios where they
are, because I don't buy it - in page "popups" (perfectly possible in
script or css) - offer all the benefits of pop-ups and few of the
disadvantages.

Jim.