Skip Navigation

From: Hy Cohen <hy@miplet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:21:31 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi everyone,

What have you found to be the best way to provide "skip navigation"
links?  Clear GIFs with ALTs? Just a plain text link?  A plain text link
the same color as the background?  I want to find the best way, without
the search engine spiders punishing me.

Also, what are your thoughts on :"skip navigation" like links for
bypassing other portions of a page?  For example, let's say you have an
article on widgets, but the reader doesn't want to read the article on
widgets.  They want to read the next article, which is on why the sky is
blue.    As a screen reader user myself, I would think this would be
helpful, but then again, I've been using the Internet for several years.

Thanks,
Hy

Hy Cohen and Guide Dog, "Layla",
hy@miplet.com