Part 2 - Access Keys - your collective help is urgently requested!

From: John Foliot - bytown internet <foliot@bytowninternet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:21:22 -0400
To: "WebAIM forum" <webaim@mailservice.cpd.usu.edu>, "W3c-Wai-Ig" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Please excuse the cross post.

A few weeks back I sent out a request for assistance regarding Access Keys.
First off, a big thanks to those that responded.

My research shows that currently about the only safe combinations still
"un-reserved" by an adaptive technology or other software are:
	"Alt+/" (accesskey="/"),
	"Alt+\" (accesskey="\"),
	and "Alt+]" (accesskey="]")

(Windows OS; Mac and others may be different).

As the final results will be passed on as recommendations which will affect
hundreds of institutional web sites, your final input is most urgently
requested. The intent is to pair them with "skip nav" functions, which,
while not a Standard per se, is currently mandated in Section 508 and is
generally a good recommendation (skip navs) even when 508 compliancy is not
required.

Folks, I gotta know... is this gonna mess anything else up?

(I particularily hope to hear from the active contributors - you know who
you are!)

Thanks in advance

JF