link to plug-in on intranet

From: Jason Megginson <jason@bartsite.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:02:23 -0400
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hello everyone,
I know this has been brought up before but I need some debate.  There is an
intranet site that I'm dealing with and .pdf files are used throughout.
Paragraph (m) of section 508 asks that a link to that plug-in be used.
Developers are complaining that the plug-in comes is installed on every
machine in the organization and the company prohibits downloading from the
internet.  My question is whether the plug-in link is necessary on intranet
sites when it should already be installed?

Thanks