Re: DC2002 and Accessibility Metadata

From: Liddy Nevile <Liddy.Nevile@motile.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:39:02 +1000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

well, it sounds a bit like PICS but there are a lot of new
developments that make it much more likely that we will succeed now
than it was back when we made PICS.

PICS lacked structure, repeatability and strings, so it was further
developed and became RDF. It is probably with RDF that we will be
able to come up with metadata schema that do what we need - and EARL
is just one example of what will probably be useful.

Liddy