Re: DC2002 and Accessibility Metadata

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:58:29 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> seem to be widespread support for development by DCMI of
> accessibility metadata. What is required is a little more than
> interoperable discovery metadata.

I though Dublin Core was about author provided metadata.  It seems
to me that such data for accessibility would simply further ghettoize
accessible web sites.  Ordinary authors will ignore it, or, if forced
to include it, provide token "safe" values, thus degrading the value
of the data.  If may even be seen as an extra cost in making a site
accessible, making accessibility weaker in a cost benefit analysis.