Re: Browsing Vs Searching

From: kestrell <aeryadne@theworld.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:12:50 -0400
To: Steven McCaffrey <smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
cc: vg_pavithran@rediffmail.com, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Ditto on large lists being not extremely usable: they frequently have no
way of quickly navigating the list using a screen reader, and it is a
matter of too much information. On the other hand, I have occasionally
used some of google's directories to browse through topics, but not often,
as the list format is irritating and time-consuming and I get much faster
and more accurate results when I just use the search feature. This does
bring me to a question I have had though:
What is the HTML code for including a site search field on one's web page?
I am still using only HTML to write my web page code, and could not figure
out how to code a search for the site.

kestrell
http://theworld.com/~aeryadne/index.html