Re: pt vs px for font sizes.

Steve Vosloo wrote:
> EM or % is the way to go.

They are preferable alternatives to PX or PT, yes

> A warning though -- I had a weird situation where I used both of these
> and when I applied it to text in a nested table the value doubled.
> Example, some text that was set to 80% of normal size (through CSS)
> suddenly became half as small when inside the nested table.
>
> But perhaps it was just me!

Nope, that's the danger when EM or % get nested.

That's why I have gone to using "font size keywords" which are
alternately called "absolute" by the W3.org and "relative" by others.

They are "absolute" in that when you nest a "x-small" inside an "small"
you get the same "x-small" as you would have gotten no matter what it
was nested inside.

They are "relative" in that their sizes relate to one another and are
resizable.

TjL

ref:
http://diveintoaccessibility.org/day_26_using_relative_font_sizes.html