Re: pt vs px for font sizes.

Mirabella, Mathew J wrote:

> For accessibility, what do most prefer to use when specifying font sizes in
> order to comply with the WCAG on the issue of using relative as opposed to
> absolute sizing and the general guideline of allowing users to control
> sizing wherever possible?  I refer here to the distinction between px and pt
> etc.  What do people feel is best, px, pt, or some other CSS varient?

About the only thing that people agree on is that points (pt) should be
avoided at all costs on the web.

Points are rendered incredibly small on some machines, especially Macs.
  Points are useful for printing, not for screen viewing.
Please don't use points.

Use EMs or percentages or font keywords....

This is perhaps the best summary I have seen

http://diveintoaccessibility.org/day_26_using_relative_font_sizes.html

TjL

--
30 Days to becoming an Opera Lover