Re: New Window inform

From: Tom Gilder <w3c@tom.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:07:13 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Monday, September 9, 2002, 9:29:55 AM, Steve Vosloo wrote:
> Because a user can tab through the links of a page I should think that
> the warning should be inside the link itself, e.g.
> www.microsoft.com (link opens a new browser window)

I really wouldn't recommend doing this though.

If, for instance, a screen reader already notified a user of links
opening in a new window, then they might hear something like:

  "Link: Microsoft, opens in a new window. Link opens a new browser

I feel that informing users that a link opens in a different window or
frame is an issue for browsers, and not authors.

Tom Gilder