Re: Using relative sizing and positioning (% values) rather than absolute (pixels).

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 04:23:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: Daniel Hillier <DHillier@VisionICT.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

In the archives of the blinux list [1] you will find discussion of five or
six free screen-readers (which run under linux):

emacspeak
YASR
Speakup
Screader
Gnopernicus (running on Gnome)

There is also
Mercator (running under X on solaris)

And I am sure I have forgotten something.

and Yep, I had forgotten festival/MBROLA/flite/eFlite

Cheers

Chaals

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Daniel Hillier wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm new to designing websites that match the WAI guide lines.  My
>biggest problem with the guidelines is that you can't use absolute
>sizing?
>
>Does this really make a big different to the accessibility of the site.
>
>I'm also looking for several different screen reads to try the site out
>on any address of where and can download a trail copy or purchase them
>from would be great?
>
>Thanks
>
>Daniel

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22