Re: Using relative sizing and positioning (% values) rather than absolute (pixels).

Daniel Hillier wrote:
 > Hi

Hi.  When starting a new topic, please do not use the 'Reply' feature
and change the Subject line.  Use a new message.

 > I'm new to designing websites that match the WAI guide lines.  My
 > biggest problem with the guidelines is that you can't use absolute
 > sizing?
 >
 > Does this really make a big different to the accessibility of the
 > site.

Probably one of the biggest differences out there.  I'd say this is my
first item to be considered if you want to make an accessible website.
The biggest "disability" in the world has to be less than perfect
eye-sight, right?  How many people do you know who wear glasses?

That's not to mention people who have large monitors -- you know, those
folks with large amounts of income who are very web savvy and probably
more likely than anyone else to buy stuff online?  (i.e. these aren't
folks you want to lock out).

If you use pixels, anyone who uses IE (which includes some 20 million
AOL/Windows users) will not be able to resize your text.

What problems are you having?

TjL

--
30 Days to becoming an Opera Lover