RE: Inaccessibility of older Flash movies

From: Trisha M. <trisha@fronterix.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:45:31 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> > Flash movie and also a link to skip over it, e.g.
> >
> > Text description of Flash knee anatomy animation | Skip over Flash
> > animation
> >
> > [Movie goes here]

Steve,
Thanks for the suggestion of adding a "skip animation" link!  I'm working on
a site with small, embedded Flash 5 animations and have been concerned about
what I could do to increase its accessibility.  This should work great for
me - the content in the movies is also explained in the text of the articles
anyway, so by skipping the movie they don't lose any information, I don't
have to worry about people getting trapped in the movies, and they don't
have to resort to using the text only printer version either.

Trisha