Re: A Nation of Bloggers and Googling by E-Mail

From: Patrick Burke <burke@ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 07:18:53 -0700
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

At 01:55 PM 8/23/02 , Joe Clark wrote:
>>The service has also drawn interest from blind users, who use
>>special devices that read them their e-mail. Now those "readers" can
>>handle Web searches as well. [...]

One category that this does apply to is the portable braille &/or speech
notetaker. As far as I know the Braille Lite products (Freedom Scientific)
don't have a web browser application. The Pulse Data is scheduled to release a
browser for their BrailleNote line next month, but the process of upgrading
existing users may be slow. The Elba Linux-based device from Papenmeier
reportedly has browser capability (I haven't seen this one).

Patrick