Re: Googling by E-Mail (or wherever else you are at the moment)

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:55:09 -0400
To: "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

this is interesting from several standpoints although I must say that if
you get the question rong, you have to send another email while if you
are on the web interface, you can correct the error in a simpler
fashion.  Email in some ways is a lot of work but it is certainly more
universal.  The only reason that people do not use the tools that are
most appropriate for other things rather the reasons why this is so is
that one, they may not have the tools and the other is that they do not
know that the tools can do a better job.  I am all for an email
interface but there is lots of room for the web here that has it all
over email which are obvious.  What we need is for the pull tools to be
so advanced that we can type anything into them and they just present us
with the choices to pick from.  If you use the search feature in ie for
instance, it comes close to this but I would love to type into the
address box of ie something like laptop prices and get a whole slew of
places to look or weather for 20902 or time wow, what tijme is it
anyway?  these are just examples.  Now, we need a good phone search tool
that pulls this stuff down from the web and delivvers it in audio on
command by any phone any where.