Re: Click here

From: Jerry Weichbrodt <gerald.g.weichbrodt@ived.gm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:55:52 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Regarding "generating context around a link" when summarizing links.  I'd
have to say, "I don't like it." All it does is to slow down navigation, and,
doggonnit, if you're going to have a link, I just can't see why the skilled
HTML author can't make the link give a good impression of where that link is
going to go or, at any rate, what the link pertains to.  If the text doesn't
link to information closely related to the text itself, then why on earth
did the author pick that piece of text as the source of the link in the
first place? As for plain "Click Here" links, few things disgust me more
than the advert links on web sites that only say, "Click Here," and nothing
more.  My reaction is, "You'd better give me a better reason to digress from
what I'm doing to visit your link than the sheer joy of 'clicking here'."

Well, that's one blind guy's opinion.

Regards,
Jerry