Re: whitespace, navigation links, styled divs

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:55:33 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> the need. Does anyone use, or know personally someone who uses, a user agent
> that can't cope with two consecutive links that are not seperated by anything
> except whitespace? (Or not even that - two images, each a link, not seperated

The big 2 when underlining of links is disabled.  This is a user option and
very common for designers.  Lynx on Slackware Linux (uses a text colour
change, as the underscoring isn't possible in the normal display console
display mode and other approaches, such as inverting video, would be too
ugly); I have numbered links on, which does effectively delimit the links.

I don't think any browser will confuse them internally, it is a question
of whether they look like one or two links to the user.