From: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
To: "Matt May" <mcmay@w3.org>; "Lynn Alford" <lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au>;
<w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Click here

At 8:29 AM -0700 8/9/02, Matt May wrote:
>Another point: some people don't "click," because they don't use a
mouse.
>They may type, or speak, or use a switch, or tap a screen.

Click is slang for "follow this link."  There has never in the history
of Web access been a single person who knows how to operate a Web
browser by typing, speaking, using a switch, or tapping a screen, who
has been completely stymied by the concept "click here" and been unable
to use the link.

Blind people don't go "click here? but i don't use a mouse! AUGH I CAN'T
ACCESS THIS SITE!" and run screaming from their computers.  Everyone
knows
what "click" means.  It means "follow this link."

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com
Kynn on Web Accessibility ->>          http://kynn.com/+sitepoint