Re: Click here

The best rationale for not using "click here"--that authors will accept--is
that, when the page is printed and carried off to a non-web location, "click
here" isn't sufficient for the person to use.  Many people still print pages
as a way to have the info off-line.  Many authors still shrug off "disability
access," but will avoid "click here" if they realize off-line users don't have
the info they need.

I use a standard format of:  To do X, go to URL.

To change your password, go to http://academic.gallaudet.edu/changepassword.
For instructions, go to http://library.gallaudet.edu.

Using a standard format for the sentences and putting the purpose first also
helps people when reading tech info.  Hope this helps.

--
Cynthia M. King, Ph.D. (Cindy)
Executive Director, Academic Technology