Q on AccessKey attribute

From: Franczak, Gloria R ERDC-CERL-IL <Gloria.R.Franczak@erdc.usace.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:48:56 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Is there -- or should there be -- a standard list of keys to use in the
AccessKey attribute?  Or are we designers/developers/programmers just
supposed to "pick and choose" whatever key[s] we wish to act as the access
key[s]?!?

And I wish that Macromedia (.cfm) & .html would/could come up with a way for
non-mouse users (as well as blind users) to access the input tag when the
Type attribute is set to File, without interfering with any of the other
Alt-key combinations (that accesses the menu'ed items).  <input type="File"
It will only work with a mouse.  Using the "Enter" key there won't do it --
it acts more like a "Submit" button there.