Re: do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:57:12 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

"Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
> The one modification I made to the code was to change the opacity
value - it
> had opacity="1" for both photos, and for one I made it opacity="0.5" (1
means
> not at all transparent, 0 means completely transparent). It is not
difficult
> to adapts Nick's tool to do this by default, or as an option.

opacity is actually already an option on most of the scripts, e.g.

http://jibbering.com/rdf/nick-search.1?person=danbri&opacity=0.5

> I haven't tested this yet in other substantial SVG
> browsers such as Batik but expect it to work fine).

It does in batik, however the tool to generate does not currently work
(because I'm forced to use proprietary Adobe extensions as SVG doesn't
contain text input events. )

Jim.