RE: do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

I've just been playing with Celinea, and haven't managed to achieve what
you're looking for. The most realistic I've got around 50k appear like
particularly bad 256-colour gifs. The big problem with the Celinea-produced
images is that the flesh tones change abruptly rather than being smooth
blends. It wasn't what I expected, but the more detailed bits appear a lot
more acceptable. As SVG supports blends, I'm certain it will be possible to
produce reasonable photo-realism in a small size, though a bit more number
crunching is needed.
I've not tried yet, but maybe doing some kind of half-toning/pixellating
first may be a workaround.

Cheers,
Danny.

---