Re: How Does BETSIE Work?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:02:17 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> 	It is my understanding that BETSIE automatically
> processes the web pages from the main site and renders them in
> script-free html.

My understanding is that it basically stripts graphics, and needs some
cooperation from the original page author.

The BBC web sites generally degrade properly with respect to scripting
even without it, although the further you get from the centre, the
less likely that any attempt at accessibility has been made.