Tintin -

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:46:39 +0100
To: "WAI List \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I often wonder at the gall that publishers exhibit when they translate a popular book and yet feel justified to leave the illustrations untouched.

Cost for them has historically been a rationale.

Today it plainly is not. consider Marlinspike Hall, doesn't look very English does it?
Where are those cars from?

It's only by confronting these complex problems that we will  improve understanding of the relation between images.

jonathan