New Window inform

From: Donna <dm87@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:29:47 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

My initial motivation for using a new window is that the web page I
am designing contains primarily external links, and my logs show that
once the visitor has moved to an external link they seldom return to
the original page, on my site.  With a new window for external links
they can continue to use my links page without the many clicks
required to get back my site.  This works well for the sighted surfer
with relatively new desktop hardware and software.

However, opening a new window may not be a good solution to resolve
this problem, and I will continue my research and hope that I come
across something that will work without causing additional problems.

Better to lose my visitors than confuse them.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for future developments.

Thanks!
Donna