RE: compatibility

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:54:12 -0400
To: "'Robert Neff'" <robert.neff@uaccessit.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

>Would be interesting approach if web sites would start putting up
>disclaimers that said, "We code in accord with the W3C or 508 standards
>and thus are not responsible for how the content is displayed on
>non-compatible web browsers."

Very interesting, Robert.  I think this is a pretty good idea, because I
think it's rather silly to create standards-compliant, accessible markup and
code that breaks in a five-year-old browser such as NN 4.x.  Plus, this
approach actually tells the user what those CSS  and XHTML icons at the
bottom of your web page really mean:)

Randal