RE: accessible sites in i-mode

From: Shashank Tripathi <sub@shanx.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 17:27:23 +0900
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

    | Ishikawa-san wrote:
    | My personal recommendation is "don't use emojis", if you
    | care for interoperability.

I would definitely second this..usually DoCoMo emjois are used only in
the i-mode context. So in Japan it is quite regular to have three
websites:

  for imode:   www.mydomain.com/i/
  for jphone:  www.mydomain.com/j/
  for au kddi: www.mydomain.com/e/ (uses a subset of HDML)

All of these phones have "emojis" that are specific to them, so
unfortunately the coding is a bit painful unless you want to have the
same mobile website that works across all (or several, I mean) devices.
In which case, just keep it simple non-tabular text..

I have no idea what works in German i-mode devices..any idea where the
difference lies? Does the specificaiton there consist only of standard
cHTML tags?

My 20 yen,
Shanx

--