Re: accessible navigation

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:15:54 -0000
To: "W3c-Wai-Ig" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

"David Poehlman" <poehlman1@comcast.net>

> I agree and back to contant or back to navigation should be sufficient.
> remember, we are dealing here with a small window where the content
> might not be displayed.  It is a tough conundrum.

We're not dealing with a small window at all, we're dealing with an HTML
document...

If it says back to content or back to navigation I would expect it to go
to another page with content and/or navigation I wouldn't expect it to be
within the same document, I don't see why, Also surely back is a
problematical word as it implies you've been there before - which isn't
guaranteed at all (even within the same document you could've arrived at
the content portion missing the navigation.)

I don't have any solutions to this unfortunately.

In documents like the W3's recommendations, it's probably okay, you have
_contents_ etc. which you can link to as _contents_ but using vague terms
like "to navigation" and "to content" I find very confusing about where
it's likely to take me.

Jim.