Re: is this a proper solution for a checkbox?

Hi Randal,

The problem I saw is that when the user go down the checkbox column he has
no feedback on what record he is. He has to read almost a part of the row
to know it and decide if he will check the box or no.

To solve this problem, I suggest to défine the second or the Third column
as a TH and associate with other cell by headers. Scrop is not appropriate
beacause, with a TH there, it becomes a complex table.

I test it and it works well with JAWS 4.02

Jean-Marie D'Amour

A 14:35 2002-07-03, vous avez écrit :

>I want to add a checkbox to the rows of a table, so that the user can select
>the record that they want to perform an action on.  Does anyone see a
>problem with the following markup?  I've validated to XHTML 1.0 Transitional
>and also to WCAG AAA with Bobby.  No problems in either, so I'm thinking
>this will be allright.
>
>Any feedback is appreciated.

>summary="Table of referrals for this family." width="100%">
>         <caption>Referrals</caption>
>         <thead>
>             <th scope="col">Select</th>
>             <th scope="col">ID Number</th>
>             <th scope="col">Family Member</th>
>             <th scope="col">Caseworker</th>
>             <th scope="col">Type</th>
>             <th scope="col">Date</th>
>             <th scope="col">Waive Income</th>
>         </thead>
>         <tbody>
>                         <label for="select1" style="display:
>none;">Select:</label>
>                         <input type="checkbox" id="select1" name="select1"
>/>
>         </tbody>
>
>Randal Rust
>Covansys, Inc.