Re: W3C icon redesigns

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:21:17 -0400
To: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>, WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

they look fine to me.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Clark" <joeclark@joeclark.org>
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:18 PM
Subject: W3C icon redesigns

<http://www.yayhooray.com/s-forums.cfm?action=read&id=56241>

> This is the crud we get for complying with web standards:
> [W3C logo]
> Who is going to put that on their site?

Good to see some discussion of the anti-design bias of the W3C and
the offputting ugliness of the W3C's sites, rivaling even Jakob
Nielsen's. If you want designers to comply with Web standards--
including accessibility-- then that means you want designers to
work at your level. In return, you have to be working at the
*designers'* level. It's quid pro quo.

--
        Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
        Accessibility articles, resources, and critiques: