Re: Windows XP Caution

From: <Demonpenta2@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:28:25 EST
To: robert.neff@uaccessit.com, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
In a message dated 3/21/02 10:44:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
robert.neff@uaccessit.com writes:

> P.S.  My personal thought is Microsoft and third party vendors should
> provide free upgrades to XP for their software, but we know that will not
> happen.  Unfortunately many people do not realize how much moving to XP
> really costs.   Gone are the days of loading software and being productive!

       Thing that many people forget is that, whilst 2K had bits and pieces
of DOS left...XP has NONE of that. At ALL. Thus, since a lot of programmers
still used tried-and-true DOS stuff where possible, a lot doesn't work.:-)

       IMHO, it was a bad idea to scrap DOS totally. Too much legacy
software.