RE: Can I validate a site that needs a password?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:36:33 -0500 (EST)
To: Jon Hanna <jon@spinsol.com>
cc: W3c_Access <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
As far as I know the validator doesn't work on password protected sites. But
there is a maling list www-validator with archives at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator where you can find
information like this if it is not in the validator page.

There are also a number of validators thhat you can download - iCab has a
built-in validator for HTML 4, and various editing software does too.

cheers

Carles mcCN

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Jon Hanna wrote:

  > Is it possible to use the W3c HTML validator on a site that requires a
  > password? e.g. the Blackboard Website that I am currently looking at.
  >
  > If not, is there a way to validate the HTML - other than just
  > looking at it
  > and deciding whether it looks valid or not?

  Point validator to a copy of the HTML you get when you log in.