Can I validate a site that needs a password?

From: Jim Byrne <j.byrne@gcal.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:25:16 +0000
To: W3c_Access <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Is it possible to use the W3c HTML validator on a site that requires a
password? e.g. the Blackboard Website that I am currently looking at.

If not, is there a way to validate the HTML - other than just looking at it
and deciding whether it looks valid or not?
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design, Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: