Re: unasked for downloads?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

yes it appears to be some sort of download,  I have all automatic stuff
turned off on my machine and it asked twice for cookies (no) then wanted
to down load something, which I canceled rather than download. nothing
resembling an internet page ever loaded and in fact when I refused the
download it disconected me

I was running  LYNX on a Linux machine

Bob

> on this page:
> http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/actionclassics/superman.jsp?frompage=sitemap
> i seemed to download a player without being asked, can someone please
> confirm this?
> or did I click too fast?
> thanks
>
> jonathan chetwynd
>
> http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
> on the web"
> http://www.learningdifficulty.org.uk "Our guide to helping people with a
> learning difficulty get the most from the web"

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks