Re: CSS positioning

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:43:00 -0800
To: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>, "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 5:06 PM +0000 3/14/02, Jim Ley wrote:
>If you really want to make the page accessible...
>Adding this to your user stylesheet seems to do a reasonable job...
>.itemBorder { top:0px !important;position:relative !important;height:2em
>!important }
>it changes the position to relative, removes the top position and forces
>the height to 2em, itemBorder is perhaps a common classname though so it
>may effect other pages.

What Jim says is right -- but it just illustrates why there is a problem
with CSS and user style sheets to begin with. Without knowing HTML and
CSS in detail, and knowing how to set up a user style sheet, the end
user can't take advantage of the features of the cascade meant to protect
the user's interests.

This is something I hope to address if I ever get FUSSY (Free User
Style Sheet for You) off the groud, but geez, I need more time in the
day! :)

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com