From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Simon White
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 8:59 AM
To: WAI List (E-mail)
Subject: Recognised courses in Web Accessibility?

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a course offered at an educational establishment
that covers Web accessibility issues and how to overcome them? I am
particularly interested in UK-based courses, unless there are distance
learning ones available to UK residents. The reason that I ask is that
there does not appear to be any way in which I can prove my knowledge
prior to taking on a project, and also I would like to learn in a more
structured way.

I am aware of the course offered through WebAIM, but this is not
affiliated to a degree or similar. I've done a search and found that
York University offers something, but it is not quite what I require as
they tend to be leaning towards developers rather than general interest
such as I have - I mean, I can code a bit, but not to a level required
to do it full time without having to catch up in a big way.

If there are courses aimed at developers only, I am still interested; it
would just mean that I would have to ultimately learn about two subjects
concurrently and I am sure that the male species is not good at
multitasking (at least that is what the TV adverts suggest) *grin*

Thanks in advance

Simon White

Copywriter
JKD